Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Dell EMC Data Domain Specialist (E20-585) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the E20-585 Dell EMC Data Domain Specialist for Systems Administrator exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Dell EMC DCS-SA certification exam.
The Dell EMC Data Domain Specialist certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in Data Domain domain. The Dell EMC Certified Specialist - Systems Administrator - Data Domain (DECS-SA) exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Dell EMC DECS-SA.
Dell EMC Data Domain Specialist Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Dell EMC Certified Specialist - Systems Administrator - Data Domain (DECS-SA)|
|Exam Price||$230 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Books / Training||Data Domain System Administration (MR-1CP-DDSADMIN)|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Dell EMC Data Domain Specialist Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Dell EMC E20-585 Certification Practice Exam|
Dell EMC E20-585 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|Data Domain Fundamentals||
- Explain the key differentiators of the EMC Data Domain deduplication technology, including SISL, DIA, In-line versus Post Process deduplication, and file versus block storage.
- Identify typical EMC Data Domain backup and recovery solutions and describe EMC Data Domain product positioning.
- Identify and describe various EMC Data Domain software options and the functionality they enable.
|Data Domain Extended Retention Administration||
- Describe DD Extended Retention features, benefits, and use cases. Describe basic architecture for systems with the DD Extended Retention option and DD Extended Retention licensing requirements.
- Describe how to perform administrative tasks on EMC Data Domain systems with the DD Extended Retention option; including adding and expanding storage, adjusting compression settings, deleting or reusing storage units, configuring replication and disaster recovery.
|Data Domain Cloud Tier Administration||
- Describe DD Cloud Tier features, benefits, and use cases. Describe basic architecture for systems with the DD Cloud Tier option and DD Cloud Tier licensing requirements.
- Describe how to perform administrative tasks on EMC Data Domain systems with the DD Cloud Tier option; including adding and expanding storage, adjusting compression settings, deleting or reusing storage units, configuring replication and disaster recovery.
Data Domain Implementation in Backup Environments and Integration with Application Software
- Distinguish between key backup software components. Recognize the packet flow in a typical backup environment with and without an EMC Data Domain system. Describe key information points for a backup and recovery solution using Data Domain Boost/OST technology.
- Implement best practices and system tuning procedures for optimal performance of backup environments including integrated EMC Data Domain systems.
|Data Domain System Administration||
- Implement EMC Data Domain system with key protocols, including NFS/CIFS, DD Boost, VTL, and NDMP.
- Implement EMC Data Domain system with key technologies, including data security, link aggregation/failover, fibre channel connections, secure multi-tenancy, DDMC, snapshots, fastcopy, retention lock, sanitization, encryption, storage migration, replication, and recovery functionalities.
- Manage system access, describe and configure autosupport, Support bundle, SNMP, Syslog, monitor system activity and performance, and evaluate the cleaning frequency.
- Verify hardware, analyze and interpret space utilization and compression graphs. Monitor Data Domain capacity and storage burn rate.
To ensure success in Dell EMC DECS-SA certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Dell EMC Data Domain Specialist for Systems Administrator (E20-585) exam.