01. An instructor demonstrates effective communication skills when doing all of the following EXCEPT:
a) using technical terms familiar to the learners
b) rephrasing and restating key terms until the learners understand the message
c) using terminology that emphasizes the instructor's intelligence and credibility
d) using frames of reference that are familiar to the learners
02. Which of the following is the most appropriate response by an instructor to a learner-generated question that clearly indicates confusion about the course content?
a) Responding immediately to learners with the correct answer
b) Reviewing the basic concepts with the entire class
c) Explaining that the learner's question is answered in the course materials
d) Rephrasing the learner's question to determine the source of the confusion
03. An instructor is teaching a course where the learners are required to be accredited through a third party certification body. The instructor prepares the class and then creates a difficult final exam.
Which of the following would be the BEST reason for doing this?
a) To encourage the learners to work harder in the class
b) To over-prepare the learners so the exam will seem easy
c) To ensure the learners' success with the third party exam
d) To place additional stress on the importance of the material
04. An instructor wants to be available to the learners after the completion of the course but does not want to reveal any personal information.
Which of the following might be the BEST method for post-course support?
a) The website of the instructor
b) Distribute the instructor’s email address
c) Independent website discussion forum
d) Contact through the hosting facility
05. An instructor is preparing to teach a class and notices that the instructor guide does not offer students any way to check their learning. In this situation, the instructor should:
a) develop questions to give the students during the teaching of the class
b) create a take-home test to give the students at the end of the class
c) have the class create questions to use as a self-study guide
d) expect the learners to determine how well they understand the material
06. At the end of a course an instructor needs to verify that the learning objectives are met by learned:
07. During discussion a learner challenges an answer the instructor provides. Which of the following is the BEST method for handling the situation?
a) The instructor should answer the questions to demonstrate product knowledge and transfer information.
b) Always make the supporting documentation the authority when answering questions.
c) Poll the learners for best practices and to develop a frame of reference for the question.
d) Create a classroom discussion with learners enabling them to learn from each other.
08. While delivering training, several learners are making fun of another instructor’s shortcomings from a pre-requisite course. Which of the following is the BEST way to handle this situation?
a) Correct the learners in front of the class.
b) Continue with the course.
c) Agree with the learner’s comments.
d) State that the classroom is not the place for these types of conversation.
09. When writing a review of learners in a training course, the instructor inadvertently misidentifies a learner and comments negatively on their participation and competency of the material in their written report.
Which of the following is the MOST serious repercussion to the instructor?
a) Could be sued for defamation
b) Could forfeit pay
c) Would most likely not be asked to teach future classes
d) No repercussion could happen as this is considered routine error
10. During introductions a learner asks if a related topic can be reviewed during the course; however, the topic is outside the prescribed course material.
Which of the following is the BEST way to handle this request?
a) Review the topic in the next more advanced course.
b) Extend the length of the course to include the topic.
c) Remove a section from the course material to make room for the requested topic.
d) Include the topic without modifying the course material.