The purpose of this Sample Question Set is to provide you with information about the Security+ exam. These sample questions will make you very familiar with both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the SY0-501 certification test. To get familiar with real exam environment, we suggest you try our Sample CompTIA Security+ Certification Practice Exam. This sample practice exam gives you the feeling of reality and is a clue to the questions asked in the actual CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
These sample questions are simple and basic questions that represent likeness to the real CompTIA SY0-501 exam questions. To assess your readiness and performance with real time scenario based questions, we suggest you prepare with our Premium CompTIA Security+ Certification Practice Exam. When you solve real time scenario based questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve.
CompTIA SY0-501 Sample Questions:
01. Which of the following reduces the effectiveness of a good password policy?
a) Account lockout
b) Password recovery
c) Account disablement
d) Password reuse
02. You identify a system that becomes progressively slower over a couple days until it is unresponsive. Which of the following is most likely the reason for this behavior?
a) Improper error handling
b) Race condition
c) Memory leak
d) Untrained user
03. Which one of the following best provides an example of detective controls versus prevention controls?
a) IDS/camera versus IPS/guard
b) IDS/IPS versus camera/guard
c) IPS/camera versus IDS/guard
d) IPS versus guard
04. An organization is implementing a server-side application using OAuth 2.0. Which of the following grant types should be used?
b) Authorization code
c) Password credentials
d) Client credentials
05. Which of the following is associated with certificate issues?
a) Unauthorized transfer of data
b) Release of private or confidential information
c) Algorithm mismatch error
d) Prevention of legitimate content
06. Eliminating email to avoid the risk of email-borne viruses is an effective solution but is not likely to be a realistic approach for which of the following?
a) Risk avoidance
b) Risk transference
c) Risk acceptance
d) Risk mitigation
07. Which of the following best describes a biometric false acceptance rate (FAR)?
a) The point at which acceptances and rejections are equal
b) Rejection of an authorized user
c) Access allowed to an unauthorized user
d) Failure to identify a biometric image
08. Advanced malware tools use which of the following analysis methods?
a) Static analysis
b) Context based
c) Signature analysis
d) Manual analysis
09. If the organization requires a firewall feature that controls network activity associated with DoS attacks, which of the following safeguards should be implemented?
a) Loop protection
b) Flood guard
c) Implicit deny
d) Port security
10. Which of the following is not a certificate trust model for arranging Certificate Authorities?
a) Bridge CA architecture
b) Hierarchical CA architecture
c) Single-CA architecture
d) Sub-CA architecture
Note: For any error in CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) certification exam sample questions, please update us by writing an email on email@example.com.