01. A technician is building a new PC and notices that it has 8 DIMM sockets labeled 0 through 7. Four are white and four are blue. Which of the following should the technician do FIRST?
a) Install the memory in the four white slots
b) Install the memory in the four blue slots
c) Consult the motherboard documentation
d) Install the memory in slots 0 through 3
e) Fill all slots with memory
02. A technician is troubleshooting performance issues with a desktop PC and hears clicking noises coming from inside the case. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause?
a) Low voltage power supply
b) Failing magnetic hard drive
c) Corrupted Solid State Drive
d) Overheated RAM
03. The finance department has hired a new employee who works on payroll data spreadsheets. Which of the following items should the IT department install on the employee’s monitor prior to deploying it?
a) Privacy filter
b) Screen protector
c) Spam filter
d) Monitor stand
04. A technician has noticed that a client has an unsecured wireless network. Which of the following is the BEST security encryption type to protect the wireless network from intrusion?
05. Which of the following connection types can be blocked by a person walking between the two devices that are communicating?
06. On Monday, a user notices that the PC being used is not keeping correct time. Other users are not having this issue. The user’s PC had a memory upgrade the previous Friday. The user states that the PC was powered off all weekend. Which of the following should the technician check FIRST in troubleshooting this issue?
a) Check the CMOS battery to see if it has been dislodged.
b) Check that the motherboard is functioning properly.
c) Check that the DNS name of NTP server has not changed.
d) Check with the administrator to ensure the NTP server is up.
07. A technician is installing an additional memory module in a laptop. Which of the following components should the technician remove to help mitigate the threat of ESD damage to the DIMM?
a) Hard drive
08. A user’s iPhone will not power on. Which of the following should the technician do FIRST to isolate the problem?
a) Plug the phone into a known good charger
b) Remove and reseat the battery
c) Replace the screen glass assembly
d) Replace the battery and charge the phone
09. A company upgraded their cabling from CAT5 to CAT6. A technician is tasked with replacing all the patch cords to match the new cabling. The technician has to make patch cords to the proper lengths. The technician is supplied with the CAT6 cable and a crimper but needs to order the proper cable ends. Which of the following should be ordered?
10. A laptop is setup at a podium for a presentation but is set to extended desktop. The presenter would like it to show exactly what the laptop screen is showing. Which of the following would be the QUICKEST way to accomplish this?
a) Look for the setting in control panel
b) Toggle the dual display function key
c) Change the screen orientation
d) Reboot the laptop