01. A Dell EMC Avamar administrator is optimizing the backup jobs in a DB2 environment. The administrator wants to ensure that the deduplication ratio is as high as possible. What should the administrator do?
a) Enable deduplication in the multiplexed stream
b) Disable the multiplexing of files in the data stream
c) Enable the multiplexing of files in the data stream
d) Disable deduplication in the multiplexed stream
02. You are implementing a Dell EMC Avamar solution for a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 environment. The SQL database administrator wants to understand the options in the Avamar SQL plug-in. What should you mention in your response?
a) If Default is selected in the "Truncate database log" option when a SQL database incremental backup is performed, Avamar does not truncate SQL transaction logs
b) If the "Force incremental backup after full backup" option is selected, a point-in-time recovery of a SQL database is possible
c) If the "Force full backup" option is selected and a full SQL database backup exists, a second full SQL database backup will be created
d) If the "Skip log gap detection" option is selected and a SQL transaction log gap is detected, an Avamar SQL database backup fails
03. During a transport job using Avamar Data Transport, what contents are backed up to tape?
a) Specified restore directory on the transport node
b) /dataNN directories on the Avamar storage nodes
c) /dataNN directories on the transport node
d) Specified restore directory on the staging server
04. A Dell EMC Avamar administrator is backing up a Microsoft SharePoint farm. The administrator needs to restore the farm after a disaster.
Which type of backup is required for disaster recovery, but is not included in backups using the SharePoint plug-in?
a) SharePoint web front-end database
b) Content Index Catalog
c) SQL database
d) IIS metabase
05. What is the maximum number of concurrent tapeout sessions supported by the ADMe?
06. For performance, what should the hash cache max be on the Microsoft Exchange servers?
a) 252 MB
b) 504 MB
c) 700 MB
d) 768 MB
07. A Dell EMC Avamar customer has a file server with 5 TB of data and 6 million files. They want to back up the data to Avamar. The file server has 4 GB of RAM.
They are unable to get the initial backups completed on time. What advice should be provided to complete the initialization?
a) Increase the file cache size
b) Start with smaller datasets to back up
c) Increase the RAM capacity on the client
d) Minimize the maintenance window size
08. You have been asked to explain the various thresholds of Dell EMC Avamar server capacity to a customer. They are concerned about managing capacity utilization. When is the first capacity warning issued?
a) GSAN capacity utilization exceeds 80% of the read-only threshold
b) GSAN capacity utilization on any node exceeds 65% of OS capacity
c) OS capacity utilization exceeds 65%
d) OS capacity utilization exceeds 65%
09. What is a characteristic of a Dell EMC Avamar demand-paging cache?
a) Cache pages hold 50,000 entries each
b) Client uses f_cache.dat and p_cache.dat
c) Client loads a subset of pages into RAM
d) Client loads all pages into RAM
10. A Dell EMC Avamar backup administrator notices that a recently added VM fails during a VMware image level backup. The following error message is displayed: No proxy. What is a potential cause of the error?
a) Insufficient number of proxies exist within the backup group to complete the backups
b) Proxy is not configured with the correct dataset
c) Volume Shadow Copy Service is not enabled within the VM OS
d) VM resides on a datastore not enabled for any of the group's proxies