Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about CompTIA Cloud Essentials (CLO-001) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the CLO-001 CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual CompTIA Cloud Essentials certification exam.
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in Additional Professional domain. The CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of CompTIA Cloud Essentials.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||CompTIA Cloud Essentials|
|Exam Price||$119 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||50|
|Passing Score||720 / 900|
|Books / Training||eLearning|
|Schedule Exam||CompTIA Marketplace|
|Sample Questions||CompTIA Cloud Essentials Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||CompTIA CLO-001 Certification Practice Exam|
CompTIA CLO-001 Exam Syllabus Topics:
Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspecitive
1. Understand common terms and definitions of cloud computing
and provide examples.
2. Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
3. Name early examples of cloud computing.
4. Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
5. Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
6. Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
7. Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS and PaaS, and give examples of them.
|Cloud Computing and Business Value||
1. Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
2. Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective:
3. Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
|Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types||
1. Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
2. Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment:
3. Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for:
4. Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application development process.
|Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Computing||
1. Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services:
2. Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
4. Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
1. Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization:
2. Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in an organization.
|Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing||
1. Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organization’s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework:
2. Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
To ensure success in CompTIA Cloud Essentials certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for CompTIA Cloud Essentials (CLO-001) exam.