01. Which of the following features of a mobile device operates the touch screen?
02. Ann, an executive, reports that she received a call from someone asking for information about her email account. Which of the following type of potential security threats does this scenario describe?
a) Social engineering
03. A computer on a Windows domain has been identified as not having the most current policy. Which of the following tools would a technician run on the local machine to rectify this?
04. Which of the following types of digital security requires regular and frequent updates to remain effective?
a) Smart card
c) ID badges
05. A technician opens a customer’s computer and sees large amounts of accumulated dust. Which of the following is the BEST method of removing the dust from the computer?
a) Use compressed air to free the dust from the components and remove it with an ESD vacuum.
b) Dampen an ESD cloth with denatured alcohol and use it to gently wipe the dust away.
c) Use a shop vacuum with enough power to ensure all dust has been removed.
d) Remove as much dust as possible by hand and use compressed air to blow the rest out.
06. A month ago a technician installed a new application on a Windows workstation. Recently, a user opened a help ticket reporting that the workstation is intermittently crashing. The user is unsure if the crashing started before or after the application was installed.
Which of the following is the BEST tool for the technician to use to determine if the crashes are caused by the application?
a) Application Monitor
b) Event Viewer
c) Performance Monitor
d) Component Services
07. To demonstrate good communication techniques while resolving an issue, the technician should:
a) utilize as much technical jargon as possible when speaking.
b) offer different repair/replacement options, if applicable.
c) review all personal materials found on the computer.
d) provide immediate solutions as the customer is explaining the issues.
08. The leadership team of an organization has set an RPO of 24 hours for data loss. Which of the following should the system administrator implement to ensure the leadership team’s requirements are met?
a) Scheduled antivirus updates
b) Scheduled nightly backups
c) Scheduled patch management
d) Scheduled disk maintenance
09. A technician is loading an OS on a workstation that will support an application that requires 8GB of RAM. Which of the following types of OS will be supported?
10. A user’s smartphone runs very slowly at the end of the day. When the user restarts the phone in the morning, it runs at its normal speed. Which of the following should be done throughout the day to BEST resolve this issue?
a) Reset to the smartphone to factory default.
b) Uninstall any unused apps.
c) Close all running apps.
d) Charge the smartphone.