01. Which of the following commands creates a display of processes, showing the parent-child relationships through links between their names?
a) ps --forest
b) ps aux
c) ps -e
d) ps --tree
e) All of the above
02. Where might the BIOS find a boot loader?
e) The swap partition
03. How would you remove two lines of text from a file using vi?
a) In command mode, position the cursor on the first line and type 2dd.
b) In command mode, position the cursor on the last line and type 2yy.
c) In insert mode, position the cursor at the start of the first line, hold down the Shift key while pressing the Down arrow key twice, and press the Delete key on the keyboard.
d) In insert mode, position the cursor at the start of the first line, and press Ctrl+K twice.
e) Using your mouse, select both lines and then press the Delete or Backspace key.
04. Which of the following commands is implemented as an internal command in bash?
05. You want to create a link from your home directory on your hard disk to a directory on a DVD drive. Which of the following link types might you use?
a) Only a hard link
b) Only a symbolic link
c) Either a symbolic or a hard link
d) Only a hard link, and then only if both directories use the same low-level filesystem
e) None of the above; such links aren't possible under Linux
06. What parameter can you pass to ln to create a soft link?
07. Which of the following directories is most likely to be placed on its own hard disk partition?
08. How should you configure a system that uses Yum to access an additional Yum software repository?
a) Edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file to include the repository site's URL, as detailed on the repository's website.
b) Download a package from the repository site, and install it with RPM, or place a configuration file from the repository site in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory.
c) Use the add-repository subcommand to yum or the Add Repository option in the File menu in yumex, passing it the URL of the repository.
d) Edit the /etc/yum.conf file, locate the [repos] section, and add the URL to the repository after the existing repository URLs.
e) Edit the /etc/yum.conf file, locate the REPOSITORIES= line, and add the new repository to the colon-delimited list on that line.
09. What is the effect of the following command?
$ pr report.txt | lpr
a) Tabs are converted to spaces in report.txt, and the result is saved in lpr.
b) The files report.txt and lpr are combined together into one file and sent to standard output.
c) The file report.txt is formatted for printing and sent to the l pr program.
d) The file report.txt is printed, and any error messages are stored in the file lpr.
e) None of the above.
10. Which of the following pieces of information can df not report?
a) How long the filesystem has been mounted
b) The number of inodes used on an ext3fs partition
c) The filesystem type of a partition
d) The percentage of available disk space used on a partition
e) The mount point associated with a filesystem