The purpose of this Sample Question Set is to provide you with information about the IBM Power Systems Scale-Up Technical Sales exam. These sample questions will make you very familiar with both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the C1000-031 certification test. To get familiar with real exam environment, we suggest you try our Sample IBM Power Systems Scale-Up Technical Sales Certification Practice Exam. This sample practice exam gives you the feeling of reality and is a clue to the questions asked in the actual IBM Certified Specialist - Power Systems Scale-Up Technical Sales certification exam.
These sample questions are simple and basic questions that represent likeness to the real IBM C1000-031 exam questions. To assess your readiness and performance with real time scenario based questions, we suggest you prepare with our Premium IBM Power Systems Scale-Up Technical Sales Certification Practice Exam. When you solve real time scenario based questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve.
IBM C1000-031 Sample Questions:
01. Which of the following features is natively supported with both PowerVM and PowerKVM?
b) HMC Management
c) Live Partition Mobility
d) Memory Compression
02. A customer wants to install a POWER9 tower system at a remote site. The system will run Red Hat Linux. Which system satisfies the requirement?
03. How many PCIe Gen3 I/O Expansion Drawers can be attached to an S812LC server?
b) One with one fanout module
c) One with two fanout modules
d) Two with two fanout modules
04. With Scale-out servers, what is the maximum number of power distribution units (PDUs) that can be installed in a 7014-T42 rack without horizontal mounting?
05. A customer wants to make use of the Server Flash Caching function on their POWER8 machine. Which operating system supports this function?
a) AIX 7.2
b) IBM i 7.2
c) Red Hat Enterprise v7.2
d) SUSE Enterprise v12
06. Which feature is included with Quick to Order pre-defined configurations on the LC models?
a) 64 GB of memory
b) Software preload
c) Two power supplies
d) 3-Year, 9x5 Software Maintenance
07. There is a dedicated memory controller in each of the CDIMMs. How can this capability increase the platform RAS?
a) Multiple memory controllers allow for faster Live Partition Mobility operations, increasing the speed that a server VMs can be evacuated in case of failure
b) By having multiple CDIMMs, a server has multiple integrated memory controllers, allowing for failure of a memory controller without impacting the server operations.
c) Having a memory controller on the memory modules allow for CAPI enabled adapters to bypass the CPU and access data directly into memory forcing cache to write to disk when a failure is detected.
d) Besides their standard functions, memory controllers also perform memory scrubbing to identify and correct single bit soft-errors on the memory modules and inform the Hypervisor of faulty memory modules.
08. What is the maximum number of partitions that can be moved concurrently using Live Partition Mobility (LPM) with the HMC 7042-CR8?
09. A customer currently has VIO Server and non-VIO Server partitions on a POWER8 system. What is the benefit of using SR-IOV adapters?
a) They are dedicated to non-VIO Server partitions.
b) They eliminate the need for the VIO Servers.
c) They can be used by VIO Server and non-VIO Server partitions.
d) They force the non-VIO Server partitions to share resources through VIO Servers.
10. Which of the following Power Systems supports the highest density of Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) per rack?
Note: For any error in IBM Certified Specialist - Power Systems Scale-Up Technical Sales (C1000-031) certification exam sample questions, please update us by writing an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.