01. You are selecting an optical data storage media. Your primary need is to allow for maximum data storage. Which media type should you use?
a) DVD+R SL
b) Blu-Ray (BD-R) SL
c) DVD+R DL
d) Blu-Ray (BD-R) DL
02. What are the results of setting User Account Control (UAC) settings to Never Notify on your Windows computer?
a) Standard users cannot perform administrative tasks.
b) Users are not prompted for credentials when logging on.
c) Administrators can perform administrative tasks without being prompted for elevation.
d) Notifications only occur if a program attempts to make a system modification.
e) Only administrative users will be allowed to log on locally to the computer.
03. What is the primary benefit of using a roaming user profile instead of a local user profile?
a) The user will be able to access data files on the computer with a local user profile from different network computers.
b) The user will be able to log on more quickly.
c) The user will have the same personalized desktop settings on different network computers.
d) The user will be able to customize desktop settings differently for each network computer to which he logs on.
04. You deleted several files from a computer running Microsoft Windows. This deletion accidentally included some system files. You are unable to open System Recovery Options when booting from the hard disk.
What should you do?
a) Select the Safe Mode option the Windows Advanced Options menu during startup.
b) Boot from the Windows installation DVD and run the Bootrec tool.
c) Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu during startup.
d) Boot from the Windows installation DVD and launch Startup Recovery manually.
05. A user buys a new laptop that comes with Linux installed and the following hardware configuration:
- 8 GB of RAM memory
- 120 GB of hard disk space
- Quad Core 2 GHz 64-bit processor
The user performs a clean install of a Windows 10 Home edition 32-bit and now reports that Windows only recognizes 4 GB of RAM memory.
The laptop was able to recognize the RAM under Linux. You need a solution so Windows can use all 8 GB of RAM.
What should you do?
a) Upgrade the laptop BIOS to the latest version.
b) Upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition 64-bit.
c) Perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home edition 64-bit.
d) Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise edition 32-bit.
e) Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition 32-bit.
06. Why would you use BitLocker instead of Encrypting File System (EFS)?
a) You must implement EFS by using Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
b) BitLocker can perform pre-boot security tests to ensure a disk is not moved to another computer.
c) BitLocker operates at a lower level and provides better security.
d) BitLocker is supported for Windows XP and later operating systems.
e) EFS can only be used to encrypt data stored on removable storage devices.
07. The Windows USB/DVD Download Tool allows you to:
a) Create a bootable version of Windows on a USB stick or a writable DVD.
b) Create backups of data files from your computer to a USB stick or a writable DVD.
c) Install Microsoft .NET Framework on a USB stick or a writable DVD.
d) Download files from the Internet directly to a USB stick or a writable DVD.
08. Where should you view the list of services on your Windows computer?
a) From the Windows Task Manager dialog box
b) From the Windows Registry
c) From the System Properties dialog box
d) From the Windows Action Center
09. Which Windows feature allows you to request that someone else control your computer from their computer?
a) Action Center
b) Remote Assistance
c) Sync Center
d) Connect Now
10. You have a computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. Which two versions of Windows are you able to upgrade to?
a) Home Basic
b) Home Premium