01. You are developing a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app that uses XAML and C#. The app must use the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern. The user interface (UI) triggers an event.
You need to bind the event to a view model method. What should you do?
a) Create a custom behavior and attach the behavior to the UI element. Bind the behavior’s event trigger to the command declared in the view model.
b) Create an attached property of type ICommand. Bind the UI element’s event to the attached property.
c) Assign the value of the DataContext property to the view model. Use the BindingExression.UpdateSource() method to update the data source.
d) Add a strongly-typed view model property to the view. In the code behind file for the view, invoke the view model method.
02. You are designing the navigation for your app. The app has the following requirements:
- The top row has a set of descriptive labels that always displays.
- The content of the app is displayed below the top row.
- When one of the top buttons is clicked, the content changes.
You need to choose a navigation structure. Which two navigation structures can you use for this app layout?
Each correct answer presents a complete solution.
b) Navigation pane
d) Pivot and tabs
03. You have two Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps named Catalog and Research, respectively. You need to create a service in the Catalog app that can be queried by the Research app.
Which three tasks should you perform?
Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
a) Enter the package family name of the Catalog app in the Catalog app.
b) Add a Windows Runtime component to the Catalog app.
c) Enter the package family name of the Catalog app in the Research app.
d) Add an app service extension to package.appmanifest file in the Research app.
e) Add a Windows Runtime component to the Research app.
f) Add an app service extension to package.appmanifest file in the Catalog app.
04. You are developing a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app for Windows mobile devices. You need to support a custom touch gesture in the app. You want to handle manipulation events to recognize this gesture.
Which ManipulationMode should you use?
a) ManipulationModes.System ManipulationModes.None
d) Any value other than ManipulationModes.None or ManipulationModes.System
05. You are developing a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app. You need to provide a solution that moves the scroll bars of the ScrollViewer when a user rotates the mouse wheel.
Which two actions should you perform?
Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
a) Evaluate the CurrentPoint.Properties.MouseWheelDelta property of the PointerEvenArgs object. Call the ChangeView() method of the ScrollViewer.
b) Update the XAML of the ScrollViewer to include the PointerWheelChanged event with a new event handler. Evaluate the Pointer.IsInRange property of the PointerRoutedEventArgs object within the event handler. Call the ChangeView() method of the ScrollViewer.
c) Add an event handler to the PointerRoutedAway event for the current window.
d) Evaluate the CurrentPoint.Properties.IsHorizontalMouseWheel property of the PointerEventArgs object. Call the ChangeView() method of the ScrollViewer.
e) Add an event handler to the PointerWheelChanged event for the current window.
06. You are developing a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app. The app must allow the user to select only one file at a time. You need to ensure that the app displays the appropriate dialog window.
Which method should you use?
07. You are designing a roadside assistance mobile app. The app displays a persistent list of links to pages. The pages provide a quick way to move between different views of the app.
You need to recommend a user interface pattern that meets the following requirements:
- Allow users to navigate to frequently accessed, distinct content categories.
- Provide two or more content panes that have corresponding category headers.
- Display the navigation controls on the top of the screen.
- Highlight the currently selected navigation control.
Which pattern should you recommend?
b) tabs and pivots
c) active canvas
08. You must create a control that meets the following requirements:
- allows you to extend the behavior of a combo box
- allows the arrow image that is located at the right edge of a standard control to be replaced with a new image
- has a property that sets and returns the image
- maintains all of the properties of a standard combo box control
- has a visual interface of the control that is defined by using XAML
- defines the properties for the control in code
You need to create the control. Which object should you use?
09. You are developing a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app that allows users to take photos and record videos.
The photos and videos must be stored in the user’s Photos library and Videos library, respectively. The app must not display a user interface for saving files. You need to configure the app.
Which set of capabilities should you declare in the app manifest?
a) Internet (client), microphone, location and proximity
b) webcam, microphone, Pictures library and Video library
c) Internet (client), Documents library, Videos library, and proximity
d) webcam, location, proximity and Pictures library
10. You are developing a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app. The app must be available on Windows Phone, Windows tablet devices, and Xbox. When the app is running on a device, you need to determine which members of a specific class you can use.
Which of the following methods should you use?