01. You have a Power BI model for sales data. You need to create a measure to calculate the year-to-date sales and to compare those sales to the previous year for the same time period. Which DAX function should you use?
02. You have a Power BI report that displays a bar chart and a donut chart on the same page. The bar chart shows the total sales by year and the donut chart shows the total sale by category.
You need to ensure that when you select a year on the bar chart, the donut chart remains unchanged. What should you do?
a) Set a visual level filter on the bar chart.
b) Edit the interactions form the Format menu.
c) Set a visual level filter on the donut chart.
d) Add a slicer to the page that uses the year column.
03. You plan to create a dashboard in the Power BI service that retrieves data from a Microsoft SQL Server database. The dashboard will be shared between the users in your organization.
You need to ensure that the users will see the current data when they view the dashboard. How should you configure the connection to the data source?
a) Deploy an on-premises data gateway (personal mode). Import the data by using the Import Data Connectivity mode.
b) Deploy an on-premises data gateway. Import the data by using the Import Data Connectivity mode.
c) Deploy an on-premises data gateway. Import the data by using the DirectQuery Data Connectivity mode.
d) Deploy an on-premises data gateway (personal mode). Import the data by using the DirectQuery Data Connectivity mode.
04. You have a Power BI dashboard that displays different visualizations of company sales. You enable Q&A on the dashboard. You need to provide users with sample questions that they can ask when using Q&A.
Which settings should you modify from the Power BI Settings?
05. In the Power BI service, you create an app workplace that contains several dashboards. You need to provide a user named email@example.com with the ability to edit and publish dashboards What should you do?
a) From the app workspace, click Update app, and then configure the Access settings.
b) Share the dashboard, and then modify the Access settings of the dashboard.
c) Configure security for the dataset used by the app.
d) Modify the members of the app workspace.
06. You plan to use Power BI Desktop optimized for Power BI Report Server to create a report. The report will be published to Power BI Report Server. You need to ensure that all the visualization in the report can be consumed by users.
Which two types of visualizations should you exclude from the report?
Each correct answer presents part of the solution.
a) funnel charts
b) custom visuals
c) bubble maps
e) R visuals
07. You plan to use Power BI Embedded to deliver reports in a web application. You need to ensure that the reports display live data. Which data source you should use?
a) Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store
b) Microsoft Azure Table Storage
c) Microsoft Azure HD lnsight
d) Microsoft Azure SQL Database
08. You have an on-premises Power BI Report Server. You plan to create a report in Power BI Desktop and to publish the report to the report server. Which data source should the report use?
a) Microsoft Azure SQL Database
b) a Microsoft SQL Server database
c) a Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) database
d) Microsoft Excel
09. You have a Power BI report in an app workspace. You plan to embed a report from the app workspace into a line-of-business application by using Power BI Embedded.
Which information should you provide to the application developers?
a) the application token and the report URL
b) the report URL and a user name
c) the app workspace name and the access key
d) the access key and the report ID
10. You have an app workspace named Retail Store Analysis in the Power BI service. You need to manage the members that have access to the app workspace using the least amount of administrative effort. What should you do?
a) From the Power BI Admin portal, click Usage metrics
b) From the Office 365 Admin center, click Users
c) From the Power BI Admin portal, click Tenant settings
d) From the Office 365 Admin center, click Groups