Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Specialist Systems Administrator (DES-DD33) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the DES-DD33 Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Specialist Exam for Systems Administrator exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Dell EMC DCS-SA certification exam.
The Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Specialist Systems Administrator certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in PowerProtect DD domain. The Dell EMC Certified Specialist - PowerProtect DD - Systems Administrator (DCS-SA) exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Dell EMC DCS-SA.
Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Specialist Systems Administrator Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Dell EMC Certified Specialist - PowerProtect DD - Systems Administrator (DCS-SA)|
|Exam Price||$230 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Books / Training||
PowerProtect DD and Data Domain Concepts and Features (MR-1WP-DDFUND)
PowerProtect DD Implementation with Application Software (MR-1WP-DDIAS)
Cloud Tier Implementation and Administration (MR-1WP-DDCTIM)
PowerProtect DD System Administration (MR-1LP-DDSADMIN)
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Specialist Systems Administrator Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Dell EMC DES-DD33 Certification Practice Exam|
Dell EMC DES-DD33 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|PowerProtect DD Concepts and Features||
- Explain the key differentiators of the Dell EMC PowerProtect DD deduplication technology, including SISL, DIA, In-line versus Post Process deduplication, and file versus block storage.
- Identify typical Dell EMC PowerProtect DD backup and recovery solutions and describe PowerProtect DD product positioning.
- Identify and describe various Dell EMC PowerProtect DD software options and the functionality they enable.
|Cloud Tier Administration||
- Describe Dell EMC Cloud Tier features, benefits, architecture and use cases.
- Perform administrative tasks on Dell EMC PowerProtect DD systems with the Dell EMC Cloud Tier, including adding and expanding storage, adjusting compression settings, deleting or reusing storage units, configuring replication and disaster recovery.
|PowerProtect DD Implementation in Backup Environments and Integration with Application Software||
- Distinguish between key backup software components.
- Recognize the packet flow in a typical backup environment with and without a Dell EMC PowerProtect DD system.
- Describe key information points for a backup and recovery solution using DD Boost/OST technology.
- Implement best practices and system tuning procedures for optimal performance of backup environments including integrated Dell EMC PowerProtect DD systems.
|PowerProtect DD System Administration||
- Implement Dell EMC Data Domain system with key protocols, including NFS/CIFS, DD Boost, VTL, and NDMP.
- Implement Dell EMC PowerProtect DD system with key technologies, including data security, link aggregation/failover, fibre channel connections, secure multi-tenancy, DDMC, snapshots, fastcopy, retention lock, sanitization, encryption, storage migration, replication, and recovery functionalities.
- Manage system access and describe and configure autosupport, Support bundle, SNMP, and Syslog.
- Monitor system activity and performance and evaluate the cleaning frequency.
- Verify hardware and analyze and interpret space utilization and compression graphs.
- Monitor PowerProtect DD capacity and estimate storage burn rate.
To ensure success in Dell EMC DCS-SA certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Specialist Exam for Systems Administrator (DES-DD33) exam.