01. The participatory design process includes which of the following techniques?
a) Discovery, evaluation, prototype
b) Surveys, testing, release
c) Testing, review, redesign
d) Analysis, design, prototype
02. Why website navigation that is easy to understand so important?
a) It ensures that site visitors can find what they are looking for quickly and easily.
b) It ensures visitors will be directed to exactly the information you want them to see.
c) It guarantees that visitors will purchase products.
d) Because search engines will not be able to index pages within a site, if the navigation in difficult to use.
03. What is an advantage of the mind mapping approach to brainstorming?
a) It better captures and represents brainstorming ideas in the way that your brain conceives of them.
b) Creating a mind map on a computer program computer fosters an immediate connection to the hand, brain and map contents.
c) It helps to guide your thoughts on a clear path by representing your ideas in an organized, linear fashion.
d) Computer based mind mapping software tools generates an accurate site.
04. During the evaluation of user feedback from usability testing of a web site project, it is determined that users typically get lost within the site, get confused by "mystery meat" graphical links and are not able to complete tasks as directed.
Which of the following UI design patterns would help correct this issue?
a) Navigation wizards
b) Image zoom
c) Navigation tabs
d) Progressive disclosure
05. A confirmation message is displayed to a customer after the purchase of product is completed on an ecommerce site. This is an example of which user interface design principle?
06. Which of the following represents an SEO strategy of using short phrases of three to five key words?
a) Word cloud
b) Long-tail keyword
c) Word salad
d) Boolean operator keywords
07. You are consulting on the development of a complex Web site for an airline maintenance company. It will contain a large library of technical information.
Maintenance technicians will use the site to understand the requirements of their jobs, the physical structure of the airplanes, and other important information. They will need to refer to different areas of the site frequently.
What kind of positional awareness tool should be included to help navigation through the site?
a) Site maps
b) Deep URLs
c) Breadcrumb trails
d) Descriptive page headings
08. When usability testing results are reported, what should that report include?
a) Data collection process, original design mockups, wireframes
b) Test goals, test subject demographics, conclusions
c) Test schedule, test subject name, screen shots
d) Test subject name, original design plan, release date
09. You are designing a website for a wedding planner. She wants all of the text on her site to be displayed in a flowery, elaborate typeface, similar to a wedding invitation. You advise her to consider using a simpler, more conventional typeface. Why?
a) Script and fantasy typefaces display at smaller sizes, making them hard to read.
b) Text set in a fantasy typeface must be converted to images, which will make web page layout more difficult, and slower to load.
c) Script and fantasy typefaces are not allowed on websites; they are reserved for printed documents only.
d) Special script or fantasy typefaces may not be installed on her visitors' devices, and must be downloaded from a server as a custom web font.
10. An award winning writer has published a series of poems on her personal website. One of the writer's students has reproduced these poems in their entirety in a college newspaper, which is sold for a small fee.
Which type of intellectual property law has been violated?
b) Fair Use