Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about CIW Multimedia Specialist (1D0-724) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the 1D0-724 CIW Multimedia Specialist exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual CIW Multimedia Specialist certification exam.
The CIW Multimedia Specialist certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in Web and Mobile Design domain. The CIW Multimedia Specialist exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of CIW Multimedia Specialist.
CIW Multimedia Specialist Exam Summary:
|CIW Multimedia Specialist
|Number of Questions
|CIW Multimedia Specialist Sample Questions
|CIW 1D0-724 Certification Practice Exam
CIW 1D0-724 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|Introduction to Multimedia on the Web
- Define common audio and video file terminology.
- Determine ways to use multimedia to improve an organization's Web presence.
- Identify multimedia issues relating to user accessibility and mobile devices.
- Identify and search for jobs requiring Multimedia skills.
- Identify current multimedia technology and development tools.
- Use multimedia to enhance effective communications.
|Creating Graphical Images for the Web
- Define digital imaging and essential graphic design concepts.
- Determine file formats needed for graphics and multimedia projects.
- Define the business standards and styles for digital imaging and graphic design development.
- Use basic image creation techniques.
- Demonstrate basic image editing techniques.
- Apply metadata and tagging to graphic images.
|Planning Multimedia Content for the Web
- Create a script as part of the planning process before recording your multimedia project.
- Create a storyboard or outline to structure content as part of your multimedia project.
- Determine your audience to establish what type of audio and video will be created.
- Locate, organize and interpret information obtained from various sources (e.g., business correspondence, professional articles, supporting graphic materials, manuals, computer printouts, electronic sources).
- Design, develop and deliver formal and informal presentations using appropriate media to engage and inform diverse audiences.
- Develop a business presentation for implementing multimedia enhancements in a Website.
- Create an introduction to lead viewers into content.
- Create transcription for content using desired website or application.
- Define project standards for recording audio and video content.
- Determine application or software needed to create the multimedia.
- Organize storage strategy for multimedia content, including backups.
- Identify and select appropriate stock services for audio, image and video content to include in multimedia projects.
|Preparing to Capture High-Quality Video and Audio Content
- Describe steps and techniques for creating high-quality video and audio content.
- Identify resources and technology required for high-quality video and audio content.
- Develop a business template for high-quality video content.
- Prepare your surroundings to record audio in a quiet area without background noise to maintain quality.
- Explain the requirements for processing UHD (Ultra High Definition) 4k images.
|Developing Content for Video Projects and Mobile Devices
- Convert existing multimedia to display on mobile devices.
- Develop video and multimedia pages for mobile devices.
- Select appropriate standards for multimedia to perform on mobile devices.
|Editing Video Content
- Describe video and audio editing techniques
- Add metadata to video recordings.
- Add transitions, effects, and other necessary content to create engaging media for your audience.
- Arrange video and images, including setting the duration for each clip and image.
- Determine essential parts by zooming in on sections to emphasize importance.
- Edit audio or video clips to remove errors, extra noise, or other items.
- Edit voice, music, or sounds using desired software or application.
- Establish the necessary cut to use for video editing.
- Implement accessibility compliance in video and audio clips, including closed captioning.
- Use "add clip speed" and drag handles for boring/lagging sections.
- Use "extend frame to freeze" if more time is needed to explain in a video.
- Use shortcuts to allow for proficiency and boost productivity.
|Publishing Video Content to the Web
- Publish multimedia to Websites, learning management systems (LMS) and cloud-based services.
- Compare various browser compatibility with published Websites.
- Compare in-house and commercial video-hosting platforms and media consoles.
- Identify alternative export methods for large multimedia project files.
- Select viewable format to export your multimedia for your audience.
- Determine the best export option to produce the best quality.
|Copyright, Ethics and Legal considerations
- Explain how copyright rules affect video content, including music and still photos used in video production.
- Describe accessibility compliance (including ADA and Section 508) responsibilities in video content creation.
- Identify appropriate netiquette and cultural references as it applies to Multimedia design.
- Differentiate between ethical and legal responsibilities.
- Compare local and international privacy laws (e.g., HIPPA, GDPR, etc.) and Multimedia development responsibilities.
- Consider appropriate security standards as it applies to Multimedia development to protect personal and business information.
- Formulate standards to apply ethical reasoning and judgment on issues affected by technological advances (e.g., coding, hacking, spying).
- Apply citations when using media online
- Display your credits at the end of your multimedia project.
|Project Management, Critical Thinking and MISC
- Demonstrate Project Management tasks in Multimedia development strategies
- Identify a work-based learning experience providing video and audio development in a business environment.
- Develop appropriate personal standards for leadership techniques, customer service strategies and personal ethics
- Identify various potential Website issues, and troubleshoot their causes and symptoms.
- Discuss the importance of time management, both professionally and personally.
- Develop project timeline and resources necessary during video production.
- Estimate project costs, including hourly rates, stock materials and hosting fees.
To ensure success in CIW Multimedia Specialist certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for CIW Multimedia Specialist (1D0-724) exam.