01. Which of the following strategies is recommended when conducting keyword searches?
a) Use nouns instead of verbs for keywords.
b) Use verbs instead of nouns for keywords.
c) Use as few keywords as possible.
d) Include at least one preposition such as“the”or“an”in your list of keywords.
02. In a business environment, in which situation would e-mail be more appropriate for communicating than texting?
a) Sending a message to a friend about meeting at the ballgame later that evening
b) Sending a contract to your supervisor for her review and advice
c) Sending a message to your supervisor informing her that you are running late for a meeting
d) Sending a message to a co-worker about a special delivery at the front desk
03. How can you reduce file size so that files can be sent more efficiently across the Internet?
a) By using a file compression utility to compress large files
b) By increasing the mail server's attachment size limit
c) By using smaller fonts in the files
d) By dividing the file in half and sending the two halves separately
04. Which choice lists the required elements for HTTP to function?
a) Server, HTML and DNS
b) Client, server and TCP/IP
c) Browser, HTML and TCP/IP
d) Client, Web page and DNS
05. Digital signatures verify the integrity of the data, verify the identity of the sender, and:
a) Provide data confidentiality.
b) Enforce non-repudiation.
c) Sign digitalcertificaterequests.
d) Create certificate requests.
06. Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) and Gnu Privacy Guard (GPG) are both used to encrypt:
a) e-mail messages and their Subject fields.
b) e-mail message Subject fields and e-mail attachments.
c) authentication sessions, in which you enter your user name and password to sign on and to receive and send e-mail.
d) e-mail messages and their attachments.
07. A relational database record can best be described as:
a) a collection of data that can be sorted and searched using search algorithms.
b) a collection of data about a limited topic, organized into rows and columns.
c) a collection of information consisting of one or more related fields about a specific entity.
d) a category of information in a table.
08. What are the three elements of the project triangle?
a) Time, staff and funding
b) Funding, quality and deadlines
c) Deadlines, time and tasks
d) Time, money and scope
09. In contrast to meetings that take place in person, a Webcast offers the advantage of:
a) being available for retransmission any time after the original event has taken place.
b) encouraging participant interactivity, especially for participants who may be reticent to do so in face-to-face meetings.
c) broadcasting events in their entirety without the interruptions that frequently occur during meetings.
d) enabling participants to communicate with the presenter and with each other via online chat.
10. Cloud computing is a computing paradigm in which:
a) users are able to outsource a task to an undefined group of people or community to obtain and analyze large amounts of data.
b) one domain name server hosts multiple domain names.
c) multiple companies, organizations or people share portions of the same domain name.
d) users are able to access software and services run by servers that reside on the Internet.