Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Veritas InfoScale Storage Administration (VCS-261) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the VCS-261 Administration of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.3 for UNIX/Linux exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Veritas InfoScale Storage Administration - UNIX/Linux certification exam.
The Veritas InfoScale Storage Administration certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in InfoScale domain. The Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - InfoScale Storage exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Veritas InfoScale Storage Administration - UNIX/Linux.
Veritas InfoScale Storage Administration Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - InfoScale Storage|
|Exam Price||$225 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||75-85|
|Books / Training||
Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.3 for UNIX/Linux: Administration
Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.3 for UNIX/Linux: Advanced Administration
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Veritas InfoScale Storage Administration Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Veritas VCS-261 Certification Practice Exam|
Veritas VCS-261 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|Overview and Architecture||
- Define the types, purpose, and benefits of storage virtualization.
- Define the benefits and components of Veritas InfoScale Storage for UNIX/Linux including Storage Foundation and Storage Foundation Cluster File System with Volume Manager, File System, Dynamic Multi-Pathing, Dynamic Multi-Pathing for VMware, Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager, Storage Foundation for databases, Veritas File Replicator, and Veritas Volume Replicator
- Identify InfoScale Storage physical and virtual objects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced InfoScale Storage architectures including Flexible Storage Sharing and replicating solutions.
|Installation and Configuration||
- Demonstrate the ability to install, license, upgrade, and configure InfoScale Storage for UNIX/Linux using the common product installer (CPI).
- Demonstrate understanding of the InfoScale Storage Command Line Interface (CLI) and Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM).
- Describe how to add disks and create local and clustered disk groups.
- Describe how to create and delete concatenated, striped, mirrored, RAID-5, and layered volumes.
- Describe how to create and configure local and clustered Veritas File Systems.
- Describe how to configure volumes by adding mirrors and logs.
|Managing and Reporting||
- Describe how to perform file system administration.
- Describe how InfoScale Storage supports thin provisioning, including thin reclamation.
- Describe how to perform basic troubleshooting and recovery to address InfoScale Storage failures.
- Manage, monitor, and report on an InfoScale Storage environment using Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM).
- Identify the InfoScale Storage tools used to monitor and analyze performance.
- Describe how to perform online administrative tasks for Veritas Volume Manager.
- Describe how the kernel components manage the InfoScale Storage architecture.
- Describe how to administer Dynamic MultiPathing for storage management and reporting.
- Describe how to manage InfoScale Storage snapshots and storage checkpoints, including checkpoint visibility and checkpoint auto-mounting.
- Identify the file systems that would benefit from File System data compression and deduplication features and describe how to use them.
- Describe how to configure the Site Awareness feature of InfoScale Storage.
- Define the InfoScale Storage capabilities for Storage Tiering using SmartTier.
- Describe how to configure and manage SmartIO.
To ensure success in Veritas InfoScale Storage Administration - UNIX/Linux certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Administration of Veritas InfoScale Storage 7.3 for UNIX/Linux (VCS-261) exam.