Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Veritas Enterprise Vault Administration (VCS-324) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the VCS-324 Administration of Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3 exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Veritas Enterprise Vault Administration certification exam.
The Veritas Enterprise Vault Administration certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in Enterprise Vault domain. The Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - Enterprise Vault exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Veritas Enterprise Vault Administration.
Veritas Enterprise Vault Administration Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - Enterprise Vault|
|Exam Price||$225 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||75 - 85|
|Books / Training||Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3: Administration|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Veritas Enterprise Vault Administration Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Veritas VCS-324 Certification Practice Exam|
Veritas VCS-324 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|Overview, Architecture, and Planning||
- Explain the technological benefits of Enterprise Vault.
- Describe the components of Enterprise Vault.
- Identify the differences between Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3 architectures.
- Describe the purpose and functionality of Discovery Accelerator.
|Installation and Configuration||
- Describe the process for installing and upgrading Enterprise Vault components.
- Describe the procedure for using the Enterprise Vault configuration wizard.
- Verify a new Enterprise Vault installation is fully operational and ready to archive.
- Describe the procedure for managing Enterprise Vault Site components (including, but not limited to targets and archives).
- Describe the process for configuring and managing Retention Categories, Classification, and Retention Plans.
- Describe the Exchange archiving process (including, but not limited to Provisioning Groups, enabling/disabling mailboxes, and archiving tasks).
- Explain the process for managing indexes.
- Describe the functionality of Enterprise Vault Search.
- Describe the process for managing Enterprise Vault Policies.
- Describe the process for importing and exporting archives, including PST migration.
- Describe Enterprise Vault client functionality (e.g., Outlook Add-In, Office Mail App, IMAP, Vault Cache, and Virtual Vault).
- Describe the process for managing Enterprise Vault storage.
|Monitoring, Reporting, and Troubleshooting||
- Describe the Enterprise Vault reporting and monitoring features.
- Interpret the output from Enterprise Vault Auditing and Reporting.
- Verify Enterprise Vault functionality (e.g., running services, archiving).
- Identify Enterprise Vault options for monitoring archiving.
- Describe the tools and steps required to troubleshoot Enterprise Vault server and client issues.
|Backup and Recovery||
- Identify which Enterprise Vault components require backup.
- Describe how to back up and recover Enterprise Vault.
To ensure success in Veritas Enterprise Vault Administration certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Administration of Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3 (VCS-324) exam.