Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Veritas eDiscovery Platform Administration (VCS-413) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the VCS-413 Administration of Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2 for Administrators exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Veritas eDiscovery Platform Administration certification exam.
The Veritas eDiscovery Platform Administration certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in eDiscovery domain. The Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - eDiscovery exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Veritas eDiscovery Platform Administration.
Veritas eDiscovery Platform Administration Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - eDiscovery|
|Exam Price||$225 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||75-85|
|Books / Training||
Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2: For Administrators
Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2: For Users
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Veritas eDiscovery Platform Administration Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Veritas VCS-413 Certification Practice Exam|
Veritas VCS-413 Exam Syllabus Topics:
- Explain the core features and functionality of Veritas eDiscovery Platform and communicate its benefits.
- Describe the components of the installation prerequisites, and the process for installing/upgrading and configuring Veritas eDiscovery Platform.
- Describe which components require backup, how to recover, or how to configure the Veritas eDiscovery Platform.
- Given a scenario, describe the procedures for creating and managing legal hold notices, including but not limited to; immediate and scheduled delivery, reminders, escalations, Notice Library, Mail-Merge, tracking, reporting, and releasing.
- Describe custodian management, including but not limited to; the custodian portal, surveys, survey response reports, and audit reports.
- Describe legal hold notice architecture, including but not limited to; Active Directory Integration and legal hold configuration.
|Identification and Collection||
- Describe the Interactive Data Map functionality, including but not limited to; mapping custodians to data sources, identifying potential sources of data, creating connections to sources, searching and browsing data by group, custodian, or data type.
- Describe the integrations with Enterprise Vault and Enterprise Vault.cloud, including but not limited to; Enterprise Vault Direct Collector, Enterprise Vault Collection Filters, and preserving in Enterprise Vault.
- Identify the correct collector and filter to use, including but not limited to; Network Collector, On-site Collector, Extended SharePoint Collections, Metadata filters, Keyword filters, Collection filters, Office 365, and Collection Scheduler.
- Identify when to perform full collections, incremental collections or use collection templates and prepare data for processing with Veritas eDiscovery Platform.
- Confirm data collection and perform basic troubleshooting using Data Verification, Collection History, Microsoft Rights Management System and Environment Support and Collection Analytics.
|Pre-processing, Processing, Search and Analysis||
- Performing pre-processing and processing, including but not limited to; setting up and performing discovery on data, configuring pre-processing options, applying processing settings, exceptions, jobs, troubleshooting, deduplication, Load File Import, Load File Configurator, and providing various language support.
- Describe the various search features, including but not limited to; search preview, search filters, search reports, saving searches, concept search, audio search, freeform search, and Automation Rules.
- Describe the various keyword search features, including but not limited to; search syntax, transparent search, multi-keyword searches, and advanced searches.
- Performing analysis on search results, including but not limited to; discussion threads, find similar, participant analytics, term analytics, and near-duplicate identification.
|Review and Production||
- Applying review concepts, including but not limited to; creating and managing tag lists, creating and managing folder lists, performing bulk-tagging operations, using Near-Native viewer, performing redaction and auto-redaction, smart sampling, and review reporting.
- Performing production and export, including but not limited to; native and image-based productions, Bates stamping, integrated production folders, export and production management, slip sheets, Metadata Exports, Native-Only Exports, Production Export, and export and production scalability.
- Describe Transparent Predictive Coding, best practices, and sample workflows.
|System and Case Management and Reporting||
- Managing cases, including but not limited to; create new cases, case analytics, create and manage access groups, multi-case architecture, configuration, and eDiscovery Dashboard.
- Using the reporting functionality in Veritas eDiscovery Platform, including but not limited to; lifecycle reporting, audit trail reporting, and activity reporting.
- Describe system management, including but not limited to; Clearwell Utility, Clearwell Commander, system settings, Veritas eDiscovery Platform services, distributed architecture (including sub-nodes, utility nodes, cluster master, and case home) and backup and restore.
- Managing users and custodians.
To ensure success in Veritas eDiscovery Platform Administration certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Administration of Veritas eDiscovery Platform 8.2 for Administrators (VCS-413) exam.