01. A company is planning on creating an Azure SQL database to support a mission critical application. The application needs to be highly available and not have any performance degradation during maintenance windows.
Which of the following technologies can be used to implement this solution?
a) Premium Service Tier
b) Virtual Machine Scale Sets
c) Basic Service Tier
d) SQL Data Sync
e) Always On Availability Groups
f) Zone-redundant configuration
02. A company has a SaaS solution that uses Azure SQL Database with elastic pools. The solution contains a dedicated database for each customer organization. Customer organizations have peak usage at different periods during the year. You need to implement the Azure SQL Database elastic pool to minimize cost. Which option or options should you configure?
a) Number of transactions only
b) eDTUs per database only
c) Number of databases only
d) CPU usage only
e) eDTUs and max data size
03. You are a data engineer for an Azure SQL Database. You write the following SQL statements:
CREATE TABLE Customer (
CustomerID int IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY,
GivenName varchar(100) MASKED WITH (FUNCTION = 'partial(2,"XX",0)') NULL,
SurName varchar(100) NOT NULL,
Phone varchar(12) MASKED WITH (FUNCTION = 'default()')
INSERT Customer (GivenName, SurName, Phone) VALUES ('Sammy', 'Jack', '555.111.2222');
SELECT * FROM Customer;
You need to determine what is returned by the SELECT query. What data is returned?
a) 1 SaXX Jack XXX.XXX.2222
b) 1 XXXX Jack XXX.XXX.XXXX
c) 1 xx Jack XXX.XXX.2222
d) 1 SaXX Jack xxxx
04. An in-house team is developing a new application. The design document specifies that data should be represented using nodes and relationships in graph structures. Individual data elements are relatively small.
You need to recommend an appropriate data storage solution. Which solution should you recommend?
a) Azure Storage Blobs
b) Cosmos DB
c) Azure Data Lake Store
d) HBase in HDInsight
05. Which offering provides scale-out parallel processing and dramatically accelerates performance of analytics clusters when integrated with the IBM Flash System?
a) IBM Cloud Object Storage
b) IBM Spectrum Accelerate
c) IBM Spectrum Scale
d) IBM Spectrum Connect
06. A company manages several on-premises Microsoft SQL Server databases. You need to migrate the databases to Microsoft Azure by using a backup process of Microsoft SQL Server. Which data technology should you use?
a) Azure SQL Database single database
b) Azure SQL Data Warehouse
c) Azure Cosmos DB
d) Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
e) HDInsight Spark cluster
07. A company has an Azure SQL data warehouse. They want to use PolyBase to retrieve data from an Azure Blob storage account and ingest into the Azure SQL data warehouse. The files are stored in parquet format. The data needs to be loaded into a table called lead2pass_sales.
Which of the following actions need to be performed to implement this requirement?
a) Create an external file format that would map to the parquet-based files
b) Load the data into a staging table
c) Create an external table called lead2pass_sales_details
d) Create an external data source for the Azure Blob storage account
e) Create a master key on the database
f) Configure Polybase to use the Azure Blob storage account
08. The data engineering team manages Azure HDInsight clusters. The team spends a large amount of time creating and destroying clusters daily because most of the data pipeline process runs in minutes.
You need to implement a solution that deploys multiple HDInsight clusters with minimal effort. What should you implement?
a) Azure Databricks
b) Azure Traffic Manager
c) Azure Resource Manager templates
d) Ambari web user interface
09. You are designing a big data streaming solution. You need to choose the most appropriate resource for different scenarios. Which Azure resource should you choose?
To answer, drag the appropriate resource to each scenario. A resource may be used once, more than once, or not at all.
a) SQL Data Warehouse
b) SQL Data Warehouse
c) Stream Analytics
d) loT Hub
10. A company purchases IoT devices to monitor manufacturing machinery. The company uses an Azure IoT Hub to communicate with the IoT devices. The company must be able to monitor the devices in real-time.
You need to design the solution. What should you recommend?
a) Azure Data Factory instance using Azure Portal
b) Azure Analysis Services using Microsoft Visual Studio
c) Azure Stream Analytics Edge application using Microsoft Visual Studio
d) Azure Data Factory instance using Microsoft Visual Studio