01. A user's Windows desktop continuously crashes during boot. A technician runs the following command in safe mode and then reboots the desktop: c:\Windows\system32> sfc /scannow
Which of the following BEST describes why the technician ran this command?
a) The user's profile is damaged.
b) The system files are corrupted.
c) The hard drive needs to be defragmented.
d) The system needs to have a restore performed.
02. A user calls the IT help desk and explains that all the data on the user's computer is encrypted. The user also indicates that a pop-up message on the screen is asking for payment in Bitcoins to unlock the encrypted data.
The user's computer is MOST likely infected with which of the following?
03. A user reports being unable to access the Internet or use wireless headphones on a mobile device. The technician confirms the headphones properly connect to another device.
Which of the following should the technician do to solve the issue?
a) Turn off airplane mode.
b) Connect to a different service set identifier.
c) Test the battery on the device.
d) Disable near-field communication.
04. Which of the following symptoms is MOST likely a sign of ransomware?
a) Internet connectivity is lost.
b) Battery life is reduced.
c) Files on devices are inaccessible.
d) A large number of ads appear.
05. A sales staff member recently left a laptop at a hotel and needs a new one immediately. After remotely wiping the old laptop, a support technician prepares to take a new laptop out of inventory to begin the deployment process.
Which of the following should the technician do FIRST?
a) Recycle all the cardboard and other shipping materials appropriately.
b) Call the hotel and demand the old laptop be sent back to the repair depot.
c) Confirm the shipping address for the new laptop with the sales staff member.
d) Document the serial numbers and usernames for asset management.
06. Which of the following workstation operating systems uses NTFS for the standard filesystem type?
c) Chrome OS
07. A technician has been directed to dispose of hard drives from company laptops properly. Company standards require the use of a high-powered magnet to destroy data on decommissioned hard drives.
Which of the following data destruction methods should the technician choose?
08. A network engineer needs to update a network firewall, which will cause a temporary outage. The network engineer submits a change request form to perform the required maintenance.
If the firewall update fails, which of the following is the NEXT step?
a) Perform a risk analysis.
b) Execute a backout plan.
c) Request a change approval.
d) Acquire end user acceptance.
09. A technician is installing M.2 devices in several workstations. Which of the following would be required when installing the devices?
a) Air filtration
b) Heat-resistant gloves
c) Ergonomic floor mats
d) Electrostatic discharge straps
10. Which of the following Linux commands will display a directory of files?