Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is one of the most popular hacking certifications for security professionals. It is offered by EC Council, the global leader in Infosec certification programs. CEH certification consists of 20 core modules. The entire structure of security modules covers areas from an introduction to hacking and securing web servers. Here is the complete list of CEH modules.
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Scanning Networks
- Vulnerability Analysis
- System Hacking
- Malware Threats
- Social Engineering
- Session Hijacking
- Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- Hacking Web Servers
- Hacking Web Applications
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Hacking Mobile Platforms
- IoT Hacking
- Cloud Computing
In the following lines, we are going to discuss tips on how to pass the CEH exam and other details like prerequisites and eligibility criteria.
Prerequisites and Eligibility Criteria for CEH Certification
Before taking the exam, candidates are advised to take the CEH Training. If the official training is not taken first, the candidates must pay an additional $100 eligibility application fee and records of at least two years of experience in information security. If the documents supporting prior experience are not provided, the candidates may send a request to consider the education background.
- Exam Name: EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Exam Code: 312-50
- CEH Exam Cost: $950 (USD)
- Duration: 240 mins
- Number of Questions: 125
- Passing Score: 70%
- Books / Training: Courseware
- Sample Questions: EC-Council CEH Sample Questions
- Practice Exam: EC-Council 312-50 Certification Practice Exam
- The CEH courseware costs $850 for the US market and $885 for international students. This page contains more details about pricing study guides.
- The applicants who do not attend the official training of CEH must provide proof of two years experience in information security background. If they fail to provide background evidence, they can proceed with requesting a review of their academic qualifications.
- The applicants may face requests for further information by EC Council. If the candidate fails to respond within 90 days, the application form is rejected, and the candidate will have to resubmit the form again from scratch.
- The EC Council officially contacts the referrals listed on the application form. Once they respond to contacts, the average application processing time is 5-10 days.
- The EC Council allows three months for approved applications. After approval, the candidates are directed to purchase their vouchers on the store. The newly purchased voucher is valid for one year. If you encounter any problem regarding vouchers, you can contact the finance department for further assistance.
- After the candidate purchases a voucher, the EC Council will then send the candidate the voucher and eligibility codes to get registered and schedule a test. On the other hand, if the applicant is not approved, the application fee of $100 is not refundable.
- The candidates who complete the training will have to provide proof of attendance while applying for the direct exam.
Tips for How to Pass the CEH Exam
The tips listed below will collectively help you pass the CEH exam. The tips have been taken from official sources and candidates who have passed the CEH exam successfully.
1) Start Studying With the CEH Exam Blueprint.
The official CEH blueprint page contains relevant documents about CEH, including a Handbook, Blueprint, Eligibility criteria, Exam FAQs, exam details and course outline.
2) Learn and Practice
It will expand your knowledge by practical and make you able to observe critical concepts for multiple choice questions.
3) Take CEH Practice Exams
No CEH candidate should approach the exam without the help of practice questions. The CEH exam contains 125 questions that must be answered in four hours that’s about two minutes per question. This means you must be at your best, not only in terms of knowledge of the current security domains but also in terms of time management and stress control. Edusum.com Provides Best CEH Practice Exam with Guaranteed Result. CEH Questions on Edusum will help You Pass your CEH exam.
4) Get Familiar With the Exam and Use Study Guides.
Knowing the structure, content, and type of exam questions will help you cover the exam topics. The CEH exam is composed of 125 multiple choice questions within 4 hours. For the study, you can find guides online or have a search for paid materials on Amazon. Moreover; based on suggestions by the community, Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Guide (All-in-one) by Matt Walker, Certified Ethical Hacker Guides by Sybex and Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Preparation by Michael Gregg are considered some of the best study guides for the CEH exam.
5) Get Involved in CEH Community
Find out forums and CEH blogs where people from globe share their experience about the CEH exam. The tips found on these forums convey practical knowledge and advice on how to pass the CEH exam successfully. Some of the top forums for CEH community include CEH forum, CCCure forum and Break The Security community.
6) Learn What to study
From an introduction to broad topics like Cryptography, the CEH Syllabus cover an extensive amount of security knowledge. To cover the subjects adequately, you have to find out what to study for each category. This document divides the entire module structure into different types and suggests study guides accordingly. The document contains efficient structuring of security modules in various categories, from background to assessment, security, tools, procedures, policies, and ethics.
7) Take the CEH Training
You can find and take the official training in EC Council authorized training centers in your area. These authorized training centers follow the official outlines to prepare candidates for the final exam. The training cost is charged independent of EC Council, and may vary from area to area depending on currency and charging routines.