Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Veritas NetBackup Administration (VCS-274) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the VCS-274 Administration of Veritas NetBackup 7.7 exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Veritas NetBackup Administration certification exam.
The Veritas NetBackup Administration certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in NetBackup domain. The Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - NetBackup exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Veritas NetBackup Administration.
Veritas NetBackup Administration Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - NetBackup|
|Exam Price||$225 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||70-80|
|Books / Training||Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Administration|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Veritas NetBackup Administration Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Veritas VCS-274 Certification Practice Exam|
Veritas VCS-274 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|Configure NetBackup 7.7||
- Describe how to configure various master/media/client settings and host properties using the NetBackup administration console.
- Describe how to configure removable media, volume pools, and volume groups.
- Describe how to configure tape and disk storage, storage units, and storage unit groups.
- Describe how to configure and utilize policy attributes.
- Describe how to configure and utilize policy scheduling.
- Explain how to configure and utilize policy clients and backup selections.
- Explain how to implement specialized backup solutions including synthetic backups, True Image Restore (TIR), multiple data streams, multiplexing, checkpoint restart, and the use of backup duplication solutions such as disk staging, Storage Lifecycle Policies, and Auto Image Replication.
- Describe the function, uses, and administration of the NetBackup deduplication options, such as media server deduplication, client-side deduplication, optimized duplication, storage server and NetBackup Accelerator.
- Describe how to perform catalog backup configuration tasks.
|Monitor and Maintain NetBackup 7.7||
- Describe how to obtain and install NetBackup release updates.
- Describe media and image retention concepts and how to use the NetBackup administration console to verify, expire, import, and manually duplicate backup images.
- Describe how to manage NetBackup disk storage, tape devices and tape media.
- Interpret available reports to verify and monitor NetBackup.
- Describe how and when to prioritize, cancel, suspend, resume, restart, retry or manually run backup and duplication jobs.
- Describe how to initiate, prioritize, and monitor NetBackup restore jobs.
|Tune NetBackup 7.7||- Analyze, optimize, and tune NetBackup.|
|Troubleshoot NetBackup 7.7||
- Interpret status codes and job details in order to diagnose and troubleshoot failed jobs.
- Troubleshoot devices and media, including connectivity between master, media, and client.
- Troubleshoot common issues related to NetBackup disaster recovery including recovering the NetBackup catalog.
To ensure success in Veritas NetBackup Administration certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Administration of Veritas NetBackup 7.7 (VCS-274) exam.