Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Veritas Backup Exec Administration (VCS-321) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the VCS-321 Administration of Veritas Backup Exec 15 exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Veritas Backup Exec Administration certification exam.
The Veritas Backup Exec Administration certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in Backup Exec domain. The Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - Backup Exec exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Veritas Backup Exec Administration.
Veritas Backup Exec Administration Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - Backup Exec|
|Exam Price||$225 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||80-90|
|Books / Training||Backup Exec 15 Administration|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Veritas Backup Exec Administration Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Veritas VCS-321 Certification Practice Exam|
Veritas VCS-321 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|Symantec Backup Exec 15 Architecture, Installation, and Concepts||
- Describe the components, features, and architecture of Backup Exec 15.
- Describe the requirements and procedure for licensing, installing, updating, and upgrading Backup Exec15 and Backup Exec15 agents/options.
- Describe how to configure preferences and global settings in Backup Exec15 and analyze the effects of the settings.
- Describe how to configure job defaults for different storage device types.
|Managing Devices, Media, and Backup Exec Servers||
- Describe how to configure and manage Backup Exec 15 devices, device drivers, and storage pools.
- Describe how to manage backup sets and media rotation with media sets.
- Explain how to perform device and media operations and storage operation jobs.
- Describe media catalog concepts, functionality, and implementation.
- Describe how to manage backup sets using Data Lifecycle Management (DLM).
- Describe how to enable data encryption and manage the keys.
- Describe the backup methods, settings, logon accounts, stages, and schedules supported by Backup Exec 15.
- Describe the procedures and purposes for managing multi-server backup jobs.
- Describe how to protect computers using Simplified Disaster Recovery and convert to virtual options in Backup Exec 15.
- Describe different restore methods and the options available to restore data from backups.
- Describe how media catalogs are used in restore operations.
- Describe how to recover systems using Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR) or traditional backups.
- Given a scenario, describe how to restore data from multiple backup sets.
|Maintenance Tasks (Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, and Database Management)||
- Describe how to monitor Backup Exec 15 activity using the Job Monitor and other views.
- Describe how to manage Backup Exec 15 alerts, error-handling rules, notifications, and applying updates.
- Describe the function and maintenance of the Backup Exec 15 database.
- Given a scenario, describe basic tuning processes to improve Backup Exec 15 performance.
- Describe how to troubleshoot Backup Exec 15 using the available tools.
|Backup Exec Agents and Advanced User Options||
- Describe the function, uses, and administration of the NDMP (Network Data Management Protocol), and Deduplication options as well as the Backup Exec Command Line Interface.
- Describe how to protect remote servers using the appropriate agents and options.
- Describe the general function of Backup Exec 15 database agents and virtualization agents.
- Describe procedures for performing GRT-enabled backups, delayed cataloging and individual item restores.
- Describe how to configure the components of Backup Exec 15 Enterprise Server Option (ESO).
To ensure success in Veritas Backup Exec Administration certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Administration of Veritas Backup Exec 15 (VCS-321) exam.