Use this quick start guide to collect all the information about Veritas Backup Exec Administration (VCS-326) Certification exam. This study guide provides a list of objectives and resources that will help you prepare for items on the VCS-326 Administration of Veritas Backup Exec 21 exam. The Sample Questions will help you identify the type and difficulty level of the questions and the Practice Exams will make you familiar with the format and environment of an exam. You should refer this guide carefully before attempting your actual Veritas Backup Exec Administration certification exam.
The Veritas Backup Exec Administration certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who want to build their career in Backup Exec domain. The Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - Backup Exec exam verifies that the candidate possesses the fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of Veritas Backup Exec Administration.
Veritas Backup Exec Administration Exam Summary:
|Exam Name||Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) - Backup Exec|
|Exam Price||$200 (USD)|
|Number of Questions||75-85|
|Books / Training||Veritas Backup Exec 21: Administration|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Veritas Backup Exec Administration Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Veritas VCS-326 Certification Practice Exam|
Veritas VCS-326 Exam Syllabus Topics:
|Architecture, Installation, and Concepts||
- Describe the components, features, and architecture of Backup Exec.
- Describe the requirements and procedure for licensing, installing, updating, and upgrading Backup Exec and Backup Exec agents/features.
- Describe how to configure application defaults and analyze the effects of the settings.
|Managing Devices, Media, and Backup Exec Servers||
- Describe how to configure and manage Backup Exec devices and storage pools.
- Describe how to manage backup sets and media rotation that use media sets.
- Describe how to manage backup sets and media retention that use Data Lifecycle Management (DLM).
- Explain how to perform device and media operations and storage operation jobs.
- Describe media catalog concepts, functionality, and implementation.
- Describe the backup methods, settings, logon accounts, stages, multi-server backup capabilities, and schedules supported by Backup Exec.
- Describe how to protect computers using Simplified Disaster Recovery and convert to virtual options in Backup Exec.
- Describe how to enable backup data encryption and manage the keys.
- Describe different restore methods and the options available to restore data from backups.
- Describe how media catalogs are used in restore operations.
- Describe how to recover systems using Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR) or traditional backups.
- Given a scenario, describe how to restore data from multiple backup sets.
|Maintenance Tasks (Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, and Database Management)||
- Describe how to monitor Backup Exec activity using the Job Monitor and other views.
- Describe how to manage Backup Exec alerts, error handling rules, notifications, and applying updates.
- Describe the function and maintenance of the Backup Exec database including the Database Encryption Key.
- Describe how to troubleshoot Backup Exec using the available tools.
|Backup Exec Agents and Advanced User Features||
- Describe how to configure the components of Backup Exec Enterprise Server Feature.
- Describe the function, uses, and administration of the NDMP (Network Data Management Protocol), and Deduplication features as well as the Backup Exec Management Command Line Interface.
- Describe how to protect remote servers using the appropriate Agents and Features.
- Describe the general, GRT, and Instant Recovery functions of Backup Exec database agents and virtualization agents.
To ensure success in Veritas Backup Exec Administration certification exam, we recommend authorized training course, practice test and hands-on experience to prepare for Administration of Veritas Backup Exec 21 (VCS-326) exam.