The purpose of this Sample Question Set is to provide you with information about the EC-Council Security Specialist (ECSS) exam. These sample questions will make you very familiar with both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the ECSS certification test. To get familiar with real exam environment, we suggest you try our Sample EC-Council ECSS v9 Certification Practice Exam. This sample practice exam gives you the feeling of reality and is a clue to the questions asked in the actual EC-Council Certified Security Specialist (ECSS) certification exam.
These sample questions are simple and basic questions that represent likeness to the real EC-Council Security Specialist exam questions. To assess your readiness and performance with real-time scenario based questions, we suggest you prepare with our Premium EC-Council ECSS Certification Practice Exam. When you solve real time scenario based questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve.
EC-Council ECSS Sample Questions:
01. Which of the following tools is used to catch someone installing a rootkit or running a packet sniffer?
c) Blue Pill
02. In which of the following complaint types does a fraudulent transaction take place?
a) Overpayment Fraud
b) FBI scams
c) Auction fraud
d) Computer damage
03. Which of the following is a form of cheating or copying someone else's work or idea without acknowledging the source?
04. A digital signature is a type of public key cryptography. Which of the following statements are true about digital signatures?
a) In order to digitally sign an electronic record, a person must use his/her public key.
b) In order to verify a digital signature, the signer's private key must be used.
c) In order to verify a digital signature, the signer's public key must be used.
d) In order to digitally sign an electronic record, a person must use his/her private key.
05. Which of the following needs to be documented to preserve evidences for presentation in court?
a) Incident response policy
b) Account lockout policy
c) Separation of duties
d) Chain of custody
06. John works as a Network Security Administrator for NetPerfect Inc. The manager of the company has told John that the company's phone bill has increased drastically. John suspects that the company's phone system has been cracked by a malicious hacker. Which attack is used by malicious hackers to crack the phone system?
a) Sequence++ attack
c) Man-in-the-middle attack
d) War dialing
07. What are the two common parts of a Remote Access Trojan (RAT)?
a) A client component and a server component
b) The outbound port and the inbound port
c) The ARP cache and the CAM table
d) The payload and the wrapper
08. According to the case study, the departmental stores can dial in to distribution center computers to query their order status. Which protocol should they use to provide the highest level of security?
b) MS-CHAP version 2
d) Basic Authentication
09. Which of the following security protocols are based on the 802.11i standard?
10. Which of the following attacks is used to hack simple alphabetical passwords?
a) Man-in-the-middle attack
b) Dictionary-based attack
c) Black hat attack
Answer: c, d
Answer: b, c
Note: For any error in EC-Council Certified Security Specialist (ECSS) certification exam sample questions, please update us by writing an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.