The purpose of this Sample Question Set is to provide you with information about the EC-Council Encryption Specialist (ECES) exam. These sample questions will make you very familiar with both the type and the difficulty level of the questions on the ECES certification test. To get familiar with real exam environment, we suggest you try our Sample EC-Council ECES Certification Practice Exam. This sample practice exam gives you the feeling of reality and is a clue to the questions asked in the actual EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) certification exam.
These sample questions are simple and basic questions that represent likeness to the real EC-Council Encryption Specialist exam questions. To assess your readiness and performance with real-time scenario based questions, we suggest you prepare with our Premium EC-Council ECES Certification Practice Exam. When you solve real time scenario based questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve.
EC-Council ECES Sample Questions:
01. 3DES can best be classified as which one of the following?
a) Digital signature
b) Asymmetric algorithm
c) Hashing algorithm
d) Symmetric algorithm
02. Which of the following is a type of encryption that has two different keys. One key can encrypt the message and the other key can only decrypt it?
b) Block cipher
c) Stream cipher
03. With Cipher-block chaining (CBC) what happens?
a) The message is divided into blocks and each block is encrypted separately. This is the most basic mode for symmetric encryption
b) The cipher text from the current round is XORed with the plaintext for the next round
c) Each block of plaintext is XORed with the previous ciphertext block before being encrypted
d) The block cipher is turned into a stream cipher
04. A linear congruential generator is an example of what?
a) A coprime generator
b) A pseudo random number generator
c) A prime number generator
d) A random number generator
05. DES has a key space of what?
06. Ferris has been assigned the task of selecting security for his company's wireless network. It is important that he pick the strongest form of wireless security.
Which one of the following is the strongest wireless security?
07. If you use substitution alone, what weakness is present in the resulting cipher text?
a) It maintains letter and word frequency
b) It is too simple
c) It is easily broken with modern computers
d) It is the same length as the original text
08. How can rainbow tables be defeated?
a) Use of non-dictionary words
b) Password salting
c) All uppercase character passwords
d) Lockout accounts under brute force password cracking attempts
09. Changing some part of the plain text for some matching part of cipher text. Historical algorithms typically use this.
10. Jane is looking for an algorithm to ensure message integrity. Which of following would be an acceptable choice?
Note: For any error in EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) certification exam sample questions, please update us by writing an email on email@example.com.